Google Analytics

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Yeah, That's Going to Get A Reaction Out of Me

I'm beginning to regret my open conversations with my daughter. Well, not really, but a quip exchange we had this weekend set me on my heels.

We were both wrestling with our dog Kodi, a big dumb mutt, Aussie-mix, who was busy trying to get as many licks in (slobbery tongue on our faces) as possible. He turned on me when I was laughing and stuck the damn thing in my mouth.

As I was sitting there sputtering, and saying nasty things about the dog, J. pipes up and accuses me of first French kissing with the dog and then lets loose this zinger: "Say, given where that tongue has been, isn't it like you just gave a b-job to the dog." (I would say the entire phrase, but that seems to wig out the Google AdSense crawler. I'd be on PSA ads for a week.)

I stopped sputtering. J. realized she'd crossed the line-from the look on my face.

"That's sick and I...Don't..Ever...Want...You...To..Say..Something...Like...That...Again."

Silence.

After a few more heartbeats she nods her head. Bleck. (This is me still spitting dog saliva out of my mouth.)

I usually don't rise to the bait. But a. I wasn't prepped for a b-job comment and b. I could just see her dropping this line on her 79-year-old grandmother if I didn't react strongly now.

Don't even want to think about that scenario.

I then decide to ease the tension and promise to buy her some more pro-Hillary gear this weekend.

No comments: