Google Analytics

Monday, July 21, 2008

Open shower bays

"What do you mean they have open show bays in college!"

This was the outraged conversation I was having with Jennifer last night, as she was settling in in the Western dorms for b-ball camp this week. Gary couldn't stand not talking to her last night (he'd seen her approx. 3.5 hours before when he dropped her off at camp). Once he checked in, he handed the phone over to me.

And Jennifer bemoaned the fact that she was going to have to get up in the early am to make roll call at 7 am to start camp. When was she going to have time to take a shower, or iron her hair? Yes, you read that last sentence correctly.

I calmly asked whether there were individual stalls or show bays in the dorms. Usually it's one or the other. Horrified silence.

"I'm not going to a college with open shower bays," she sputtered (I guess this tops scholastic ranking now)

"Well, some colleges have them, as do some high schools."

At this point it dawned on us both. We hadn't talked about high school shower bays that are the routine torture of every high school girl. Except of course if you have a perfect body. And remember Jennifer won't even let me see her naked anymore, so I think she'd do well in the sizing up routine that goes on, but this is all conjecture.

It was then pop corn time and the girls behind her were getting loud, so she signed off. I'm sure we'll have this conversation later.

No comments: