Google Analytics

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Our friends think it's strange, you and I

She actually said "you and me" but I wasn't going to correct her grammar when she was giving me a backward compliment.

Jennifer was talking about the fact that we talk, alot and she tells me just about everything, if sometimes a few beats after the fact.

Her friends think that is strange. Since they don't share secrets or thoughts with their moms, in general, at this age.

Think Gilmore Girls without the snappy banter. Although sometimes we do look at each other and just laugh.

"It's like you're my friend, even thought you're not trying to be my friend, I know that," Jennifer said as we headed off to our favorite b-fast spot today.

"yes, I can be a bitch," I laughed.

"yes, you can," she responds, quite seriously. (thanks dear)

"But I can talk to you."

And I guess in the end, that's the highest compliment at all. I'll have to remember that when I'm grousing at her that she hasn't done her chores, again.

No comments: