Google Analytics

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Compliments, when are they creepy?

That was buzzing through my mind this am, as I was driving Jennifer to school.

A 20-something in a pickup truck rolled down his window, and seemed to want to talk to us as we were pulling up to 15th St, one of Auburn's main roads. Thinking he was wanting directions, J. obliged, although my spidey sense was tingling at this time. He just said, she was really beautiful, rolled up his window and drove on.

My daughter looked stunned, and then quickly flipped down the vanity mirror to check herself out. I chuckled. And then said a prayer the guy wasn't a stalker around the school.

When I was 18 or so, a similar thing happened to me in LA, when I was visiting my brother. Guys whistled at me, while we were in the car, to which my bro put his arm protectively around me, and flipped them off.

No comments: