Google Analytics

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The New Black, Part Deux

First off, we watched this post on a friend's blog tonight and just laughed! B-word, the new black. It's a Tina Fey SNL skit on Hillary.

Which brings us to the new black under my roof. J. took a career/skills test at school, and came out with high marks in science, leadership and persuasion. And assertiveness. Not so much on accommodating skills however.

"A bit bossy, huh?" I laughed.

"I am not!" she said.

I pointed out this was a good thing, referring to the "the new black."

3 comments:

MommyCheryl said...

YES! Tell her to claim her "bossiness" (or whatever b-wordiness she prefers)! Women need to get over wanting to be liked by everyone all the time. I have hope that her generation gets this.

Barbara Clements said...

Her dad was encouraging her to do the same thing.

"It's a good thing you're ranked high in leadership skills," he told her.

She just shrugged, and started to argue with him...as usual.

"She challenges everything I say," he said later.

Welcome to my world.

Later, she tells me tho, that she convinced 3 of her pals at school that Hillary was a better choice than Obama. Future political operative?

MommyCheryl said...

LOL. Political operative my tushie! Where do I sign up for the Jennifer for President 2032 exploratory committee?

Seriously, I know it must be irritating at times to be constantly challenged. And yet, it's a sign that you've done your job well so far. Because she's a thinker, not a mindless sheep who will go along with groupthink. Except, of course, when it comes to whatever ungodly fads her generation probably has up their sleeves...