Google Analytics

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blah, blah blah

You know the Charlie Brown cartoons, where the adults are talking to the kids and it's all "blah, blah, blah"

There's some truth to this I learned.

My entirely honest daughter, as I was gushing on about some History Channel flick, finally turned from her computer and said "mom, I've tuned you out. I have no interest in what you're saying."

So I cut to the chase, and her eyes showed a flicker of interest, before she turned back to her Zune downloads.

Over lunch today (we split a cheeseburger) she mentioned that when people yammer at her too much or nag, she tunes them out. Happens with her dad alot, she added.

Seeing my look she said "I know it sounds mean, but it's the truth, that's what I do."

Well, at least she let's me know when she's about to flip the switch.

No comments: