Google Analytics

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Social Media attacks again

After a bit of a hiatus, the social media bug has bit my daughter again.

It's been about a year since she last begged for a MySpace page, noting that I was on every social media product known (from Facebook, to this blog to Twitter). Sure enough, was my reply, but I'm almost 50 and you're almost 16. There's a diff.

Not in her eyes.

Of course not a whit of this conversation is taking place in front of her father, he seems to hate social media with a passion when it comes to his daughter. Now when she was 12, 13, or even 14, I admit, too young to have the common sense on what to post and what not, and what is basically and invite to the pervs on MySpace saying "come find me!"

But in a few weeks she'll be 16, and not that she's totally aware, but in 2 years, she'll be 18, and won't be asking my or Gary's permission anymore. I'm leaning toward guiding her now (don't put bikini shots, your home address, real age or name and announce when you're going to be at a football game), but do chat with ONLY friends you've actually met at school. No friends of friends.

But GAry's just not buying it.

No comments: