Google Analytics

Monday, March 9, 2009

Uhm, probably won't watch True Blood with J. anymore

Now don't get me wrong. We share a love of vampire movies and books. She and I really liked the "Twilight" series, in fact, I turned her onto the books after I realized it was a series. We both hated the movie. It's been a while since we've seen such bad acting.

So when someone told me "try out the sookie stackhouse novels," and after I got over the weird southern name, I dove in and plowed through them. They were good, and Charlene Harris does a good job of weaving in this whole hidden world of werewolves, fairies, witches and of course, vampires around N. Louisiana. Now, some of the books are a bit raw, but HBO of course has taken this a bit further in the True Blood series, which is running now up til the next season.

I know that Sookies's bro, Jason is a hound, but I really didn't need to see him humping a woman (I can feel the psa ads appearing now) and watching himself in a mirror as he does it. I swear that wasn't in the book. Or a vamp tramp going down an a vampire (ick), or the vamps repaying her by slitting her throat and draining her, (double ick).

Gary walked into the room in a particularly...revealing moment and looked at me "You skipped church for this?"

No, I didn't skip church. I woke up to late after going to bed at 2 am after getting back from a state b-ball game and reading into the wee hours. I do that. And daylight saving time didn't help.

Even Jennifer looked down into her geometry homework Sunday morning and say "I don't think I should be watching this." Alas, I agree. I'm trying to decide if I should be watching this.

No comments: