Google Analytics

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mom, I'm walking to fred meyers

OK, OK, fine, I wasn't in the mood to questions this, since I was about 45 minutes late in getting to her anyway, and she was pissed. So it's about a block walk from her school to Freds, although by this time it was dark.

But when she told me how she'd gotten there, I about had a heart attack. It was literally through the river and the woods. Or more specifically, high school, through a skanky housing development, through a cemetery and then a community garden. In other words, all the must-see places for creeps to hang out.

She's reading The Lovely Bones. I had to ask as we headed to the safety of the cosmetic department "What were you thinking! Why didn't you just stay on the main drag?"

"There are weird people who talk to me on the main drag."

"Well, they won't talk to you on your route, true, they'll just pull you into a secluded lot and rape you."

I suddenly noticed the conversations in our aisle had gone strangely silent. OK, we'll talk about this later.





No comments: