Google Analytics

Friday, May 7, 2010

I don't mean to hurt your feelings...but

I really want to be left alone on Mother's Day. My boss said this was rude. But he's a guy and just doesn't get it. And I really don't expect my husband to either.

But leave all the Macy's sales where they are. Don't both with Nordies. Just give me an afternoon, to myself, with a nice latte and also my paints if the muse strikes, and just leave me be. For an entire uninterrupted day.

My daughter gets this. But even she won't suggest it to her father.

"That would definitely hurt his feelings," she said.

So I'm just going to have to sneak off and celebrate my own Mother's Day at my own choosing.

Since Gary hadn't made a reservation yet for brunch, I figured we'd be eating at i Hop if I left to him, so I called down to my favorite greasy spoon in Kent, and sure enough they are open on Sunday. Done, we're going there, and then to the track (horse lover, rather than betting lover).

Happy Mother's Day everyone.

No comments: