Google Analytics

Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow play days appear to be over

We woke up to snow today, as did most of Western Washington.

Before, this would have meant brewing up some hot chocolate, finding some friends in the neighborhood and playing in the snow.

Today, at 14, it means getting up, eating breakfast, and then demurring on the snow fun. J. decided to go back to bed for an hour, told me to wake her up when it was time to go to school.

I guess now that she's a teenager, sleep trumps snow.

2 comments:

MommyCheryl said...

I don't think I EVER got over wanting to play in the snow. One of my fondest memories of my stint in Aberdeen was when the whole area got blasted with snow. It was an afternoon paper, so we all made it in by 7 a.m., got the paper out on deadline, then headed home for our sleds and gear. That afternoon found a small newsroom full of reporters sledding down a snowy hill in Sam Benn park. (Hey, deadline for the next day's paper was hours away and we were young and dumb...)

But I can definitely relate to just wanting another hour or so of shuteye.

Barbara Clements said...

Yeah, if we get blasted tonight, she plans to get up, eat and then go back to sleep again. So I'll have to go play by myself (: