Google Analytics

Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'm glad she has a pretty high opinion of herself

Especially as she tells me she doesn't understand HOW any girl would let any guy or man abuse or scream at her, and just take it.

Apparently outside of highschool, a guy was doing just that today, and the girlfriend, J. says, was just standing there, with tears in her eyes, taking it.

"I would tell him to go fuck himself," she said calmly.

To wit, I agreed.

I told her that the girl taking it may stem from the soggy potato syndrome-i.e. any affection is better (even from an abusive b-friend) than no affection at all, esp. if she's not getting any at home.

And it doesn't have to be actual physical abuse, but the emotional abuse this girl was putting up with. I once had a major relationship, just before my hubby, where the guy would pick fights and then scream at me. When I tried to leave, he threw a painting at me, and then screamed that he'd read my diary (foolishly left on his couch) and couldn't understand why I was afraid of him.

Yeah, right, let me know when you figure that out.

I told J. this story, and told her, don't put up with this type of abuse either.

"You should have told him to go fuck himself," she said before turning back to texting.

Again, sound advice.

No comments: