Google Analytics

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Bye, bye portal to hell

At least until March 11, when she'll take her written test.

We rolled out of bed at 7:30 am this morning to get to the Kent DOL and hopefully shorten our wait. Well, we waited 90 minute vs. 2.5 hours, so I guess it was a bit shorter. Jennifer actually studied this time, and her bf who is a boy helped her last night, and I helped her. But when we got to the check in (and carting every bit of paper work she need...just in case) the guy behind the counter stopped for a second when he realized she'd taken the test twice before.

"You know how to drive, right?" he asked. At first J and I thought he was dissing us.

"Because studying that book is only going to confuse you. Make the decision on the test based on what you'd do if you were driving. Don't try to remember the answer in the book."

Whether it was his sage advice, last night's study session (for which I allowed coffee beans) or the fact that Jennifer took the test seriously and slooowed down in taking it, it worked. She passed, only getting one wrong. Which is a good thing, since four of her friends were in the wings to take their test today. Not a good time to fail again and lose face.

Over a celebratory breakfast, she turned to me and said "I guess it's in our genes, that we all fail about three times."

Oh, I'd forgetten about that lie. I think I'll just let this one stand.


No comments: