Google Analytics

Monday, February 15, 2010

Vagina Monologues rock!

Wasn't exactly sure I wanted to see the Vagina Monologues, but my friend insisted, so on Saturday we went and saw them down at PLU's theater.

And sure enough, they were great - once you got past the shock of the actors wanting you to shout "vagina" if you approved of a given monologue. "Cunt" was acceptable too, but didn't really hear too many people shouting that. (and I'm sure the psa ads will appear beside this blog in a few minutes)

Of course the play is to raise funds for women facing systematic violence throughout the world. And some of the monologues,from women in Bosnia or the Congo were heart wrenching. Others were just plain funny, like the angry vagina.

I described the play to my daughter, who's interested in seeing it next year, but I think I'll let her see it with a friend - I doubt she'll want her mom by her in some of the skits - moaning was one of my faves.


No comments: