Google Analytics

Saturday, December 8, 2007

You're getting the point of this, right?

My daughter insisted that we get out to the malls this weekend to shop. Nothing odd about that. But this time it is to shop for the low-income families that her middle school is helping out during the holidays.

She's already bought a pair of jeans (okay, I actually bought that pair of jeans) and a top for a 17-year-old girl her class is sponsoring. But apparently, the more items her class turns in for this family, the more points each class collects for some sort of grand prize the winner receives before Christmas break.

As she was pitching to go to Costco to buy a uber-sized serial container, my hubby looks up and asks if the point of this is to buy goodies for poor families or win the contest. Eye roll here. Of course it's to help, she says. But winning is nice too, she adds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As an update, Jennifer's class is now near to winning this school competition. She wants to go to Target tonight to get more stuff for this family.

I gave her a look.

"I know, I know," she said, as she hurried off to her first class.